Professor Xavier asks Northstar to come and teach at the Institute, and requests that he help out the X-Men on a particular mission whilst he makes up his mind.
- Bobby seems pleased to see Jean-Paul - "Jean-Paul! Northstar!"
- This is where the infamous otter-pop comment comes from - "That's supposed to be a statement, not a question, otter-pop." [Jean-Paul to Bobby]
- Bobby responds to Jean-Paul's leadership with sarcastic flattery - "Oh, may we, Northstar? May we follow you? Gosh, you're so strong."
Uncanny X-Men # 415
Northstar completes his recovery in the infirmary. Iceman reveals his secondary mutation to Nurse Annie.
- Jean-Paul's crush on Bobby is revealed - "A lot of help you were, Silent Sam. What happened to that world-famous acid tongue of yours? I'd almost think you were nervous or -- Oh -- my god." [Annie] "Don't say anything. Not one word." [Jean-Paul]
- Annie plays match-maker, suggesting that Jean-Paul and Bobby have dinner together. "Yeah, come on. The Dining Commons is still open. I'll buy." [Bobby to Jean-Paul]
- Bobby is distracted by a Genoshan refugee - "I am new." [Genoshan] "Really? You look rather used to me." [Jean-Paul]
- Bobby is attacked by the Genoshan's husband and is rescued by Jean-Paul - "Bobby... it's me, Jean-Paul! Breathe, my friend -- be alive!" [Jean-Paul] "Hey, handsome. Nice suit. Come here often?" [Bobby]
- Jean-Paul tells Annie that Bobby is straight - "But he's straight, Annie, and that's the end of it." [Jean-Paul] "Maybe he just doesn't know yet." [Annie] "Everyone knows, Annie. Sometimes they can't admit it to themselves, but that's not the case with Bobby. I saw him with that skank. Some loves just aren't meant to be." [Jean-Paul]
Uncanny X-Men # 419
Archangel and Husk are attacked. Iceman blames Northstar for leaving them alone.
- Bobby overreacts - "Trained or not, he's a brother to me, and if anything bad happens to him -- I'll kill you." [Bobby] "What did you say to me?" [Jean-Paul]
Uncanny X-Men # 420
The X-Men fly to the assistance of Husk and Archangel who seem to be alive. Northstar and Iceman prove to be an effective team.
- Jean-Paul is somewhat bitter - "I guess that means they're still alive and you won't have to kill me now -- eh, Chilly Willy?" [Jean-Paul]
- Bobby and Jean-Paul team up - "JEAN-PAUL! ANOTHER ONE, PLEASE!" [Bobby] "Oh, NOOOW you're nice to me." [Jean-Paul]
Uncanny X-Men # 425
Northstar and Iceman attend Polaris' hen party.
- Jean-Paul is shocked to learn that Lorna and Bobby never had sex when they were dating - " But -- are you saying that when you were dating Bobby, you never --" [Jean-Paul] "No, Jean-Paul. Never. Bobby's immature and inexperienced. You don't sleep with Bobby, you endure him." [Lorna]
- Bobby is shocked to learn that Jean-Paul is gay - "Everyone thinks Northstar and I are dating, even though he's openly homsexual --" [Annie] "Northstar is gay?" [Bobby] "Oh, you're kidding me. You didn't know? How could you not know?" [Annie]
- Bobby is really, very shocked - "Well I -- how should I know? It's not like we're -- I mean -- oh my god, that's so funny --" [Bobby] "You're a homophobe" [Annie] "I am not!" [Bobby]
Wolverine # 25
A brain-washed Wolverine launched an attack on the Institute.
- Logan kills Jean-Paul.
Wolverine # 26
Iceman, Moonstar and Polaris visit Northstar's body in the morgue.
- Bobby finds out that Jean-Paul thought highly of him - "I just feel a little hypocritical. He and I weren't exactly the best of friends." [Bobby] "He actually thought a lot of you, Bobby. Have you seen his will? He asked if you could read one of the prayers at the funeral." [Dani] "Seriously?" [Bobby] "Absolutely. He used to talk about you all the time." [Lorna]
- Jean-Paul's body is taken by HYDRA.
Wolverine # 30
Emma Frost holds a psych group for those affected by Wolverine's actions and the death of Northstar.
- Bobby is in attendance and looks angry as he speaks - "What HYDRA made him (Wolverine) do must be eating him alive."
New X-Men: Academy X # 13
The Institute holds a memorial service for Northstar and reveals a statue in his honour.
- Bobby speaks at the service - "I was flattered when I heard Jean-Paul wanted me to read a prayer today."