1.17, Letters from Pegasus: Trivia
- This is the first clip show in Stargate: Atlantis (and the only one that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out).
- Using existing sets and previously filmed scenes saved a significant amount of money, money that was probably added to the budget of the finale episodes.
- The title of the episode was inspired by Dear America: Letters Home from Vietnam, a 1987 documentary.
- Samantha Carter makes her first appearance in Stargate: Atlantis in this episode.
- When trying to get the attention of a small group of refugees, Teyla decloaks (and later recloaks) the jumper. It has previously been established that only ATA gene carriers can use the cloak, so Teyla should not have been able to do this.
- Although issues of security clearance are raised during the filming of the video messages at least one visual breach occurs: a naquadah generator can be seen in the background of Dr. Zelenka's message.
- Several expedition members are also clearly wearing their 'Atlantis' patches, which may also be a security breach.
- The Wraith beam that Major Sheppard goes to investigate is mentioned again in the next episode by Sergeant Bates. The purpose of the beam is never explained and it appears to have never been seen after these two incidents.
- Terence Kelly, who placed Orin, also played Hagan in 'Space Race', an episode of Stargate SG-1.